We understand & we care.
Are you suffering from Postnatal Depression?
This effects 15% of (one in six) women. Common symptoms include:
- If you have had a baby in the past 12 months
- Haven't been able to enjoy things like you did before
- Trouble concentrating and remembering
- Unable to complete tasks and chores
- Feeling sad or depressed most of the day
- Feeling more angry and irritable
- Feeling anxious and worried
- Blaming self and feeling worthless
- Feeling scared or panicky
- Suicidal or self-harm thoughts
- Concerned you are not bonding/attaching to your baby
- Resenting your baby
You may only be suffering one or two of these symptoms so it is important to make an appointment with your GP to voice your concerns.
Postnatal Depression Centre
Lisa Lindley is a widely recognised authority on the diagnosis and treatment of post-natal depression.
In addition to running the Sunshine Coast Psychology Clinic, Lisa also runs the popular Postnatal Support Group.
Lisa has also produced this series of videos which you can watch right now to learn more about the variety of symptoms associated with postnatal depression.
In this video Lisa discusses some of the symptoms of post-natal depression and introduces real women with real stories about their journeys with post-natal depression.