Our team consists of dynamic, highly qualified and experienced professionals providing a wide range of psychological services that are broadly focused on Counselling for Individuals, Couples and Groups as well as Assessment and Postnatal Depression.
Our counselling psychologists are specialists in the provision of psychological therapy. Each of our Psychologists is fully registered with APRHA and their professional body. They are experienced counselling psychologists who understand personal and emotional issues that individuals, couples and families experience. We help with issues ranging from depression and anxiety to parenting problems.
Our team of psychologists provide psychological assessment and counselling for children, adults and groups, and treat a wide range of psychological and mental health problems. We use a variety of evidence-based therapeutic strategies and have particular expertise in tailoring these to meet the specific and varying needs of our clients.
We assist adults to:
- Manage stress and conflict at home and work
- Deal with grief, loss and trauma
- Overcome feelings of depression, anxiety and fear
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Enhance personal relationships
- Cope with disabilities or health problems
- Deal with problems related to alcohol and drug use
- Manage postnatal depression and anxiety
- Manage obsessions and compulsions
- Manage anger or violence
We assist children to:
- Manage worry and anxiety
- Identify and regulate emotions
- Overcome depression
- Manage their anger
- Improve their social and friendship skills
- Optimise their learning
- Manage problem behaviours
- Specialised services for children with Austistic Spectrum Disorders
We assist families to:
- Improve difficult relationships
- Handle problematic situations
- Develop a healthy parenting style
- Improve attachment and bonding
- Deal with childhood behavioural and emotional issues
- Work together on issues or problems
- Cope with separation, divorce or re-marriage
- Deal with problems often experienced in blended families
The role of psychological testing is to assess the cognitive and emotional functioning of the individual and make recommendations about areas of strength and areas for improvement.
Postnatal Support Group
Recognising the need for effective support and treatment of postnatal depression for Sunshine Coast women, we have established the Sunshine Coast PND Centre, providing the highest quality counselling and groups for women with perinatal depression and/or anxiety.
The group meets over 8 sessions and covers topics such as education about Postnatal Depression, Thinking Patterns, Communication and Self-Esteem, Adjusting to Changes and reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Many women and couples have found participation in this group helpful in the recovery of depression following child birth.